Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Now.

Here's the deal--I have a good life. Good family. Good friends. Good home. And a very good God.
However....
my life is not perfect. I have struggles just like everyone else. I wake up each morning, and I make a decision to be happy. I choose to love life, despite whatever obstacles may or may not come my way. I stress out, I break down, and then I start again. There's no particular routine that makes life better or simpler. Rather, I'm learning to look ahead. I know there are many incredible things in store--for myself, my church, and for every person involved in my life.

I hold to the promise in Isaiah 66:9. It says, "In the same way I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born," says the Lord."(NCV) I know I am taken care of.

That being said, I've decided that I want to be real. I'm so sick of mediocre relationships that are only on the surface. My goal for the next year is to be a legitimate lover. I don't mean that in the wordly sense, mind you. I'm saying that I want to be someone that is strong and vulnerable at the same time. I'll be a person who looks past herself and sees others for who they were created to be.

I'm a selfish person. I wear my feelings on my sleeve and get hurt far too easily. Instead of focusing on me, I wanna focus on pouring into others. I want my friendships to be strong. I want to lift up the God that brought those friendships together. I want to work hard for what I get. In order for all of these things to happen, I must become the woman of God that I've been created to be.
(This is where you come in!)
I'm gonna start with the Word. I've got some scriptures that I like by, and I want you all to know them, so that you can hold me accountable to fulfill them.

First things first, in my daily life I want to implement 1 Corinthians 16:13-14, "Keep your eyes open, hold tight to your convictions. Give it all you've got; be resolute. Love without stopping."

That's my challenge right now, and I have faith that I'll be able to follow through. This is gonna be a wild ride, but I'm excited to see what will happen.

1 comment:

  1. Hi jayme, I realize this was posted last year, but I want you to know that as I sat here reading this tonight, I am in awe. You have such amazing writing skills. I love what you have said and you truly are an awesome woman of God. I was sharing this with John and he said the same thing, he was impressed by your maturity in your thinking. You are certainly wise beyond your years. You talk about things that have taken me my whole life to figure out. Keep writing I will look forward to reading more of your journey.
    I love you!
    Michaelle Trottier

    ReplyDelete