Monday, November 28, 2011

Feeling.

This is an old poem, that I found today.. I kinda like it.

-----

It's not your memory that haunts me,
I'm completely over you.
It's the realization that you crushed me,
And there's nothing I can do.

Somehow, you convinced me to trust you..
That's when I began to fall.
I gave you the most fragile parts of me,
And in return you broke them all.

You're the only one who knew the real me,
Yet I lost myself in you.
Every moment that we shared together,
I thought your words were true.

I now know that I didn't love you,
But I loved who you'd pretend to be.
Your very existence makes my heart ache,
Though not in longing; in pity.

To have given you such power,
Was a fault upon my part.
Still I have grown strong, despite you,
And you no longer hold my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment